Shiraz 80%, Mourvedre 10%, Grenache 10% Petit Verdot 10%
94 Points - Platters Guide
- The intensely flavoured specially selected Shiraz, Mourvedre and Grenache grapes were destemmed onto a sorting table, where any stalks were removed, retaining a 30% wholeberry component into tank.
- Fermentation of the individual red wines occurred at 24-28 degrees Celsius and pumpovers were done 3-4 times daily to extract aromatics and flavour. During this time the wine underwent a single rack and return for additional soft extraction. Ferment lasted 6-8 days per cultivar.
- The red wines were pressed immediately after fermentation was completed and then gravity fed to 60% new, 23% second fill and 17% third fill 225 litre French oak barrels for Malolactic fermentation.
- After 13 months of maturation the component wines were blended together and racked back to barrel for a further 3 months of integration.
- The wine was then lightly filtered prior to bottling.
A complex array of black pepper, liquorice and dark cherry with a hint of truffle runs seamlessly onto a rich midpalate, cradled in oak spice and a long, savoury finish.