No Products in the Cart
WINEMAKER: CRAIG MCNAUGHT
The grapes for our Syrah all come from a very special, low-yielding block on our farm. After harvesting, 85% of the grapes were lightly destemmed, while the remaining 15% were added to the tank as whole bunches. Two days of pre-ferment maceration were carried out before inoculating. After a quick fermentation, the grapes were pressed off and settled before taking the wine to 2nd and 3rd fill French oak barriques for 28 months.
There is plenty of dark berry fruit and black pepper on the nose, with some violet, fynbos, and earthiness to boot. There is an intensity on the palate, showing fullness, but at the same time, bright acidity and firm, ripe tannins in the finish. A lovely wine to pair with slow-cooked winter food or roast pork and vegetables. Enjoy now or within 10 years from harvest.
Alcohol: 14 %